Students on the steps outside Mason Hall, pictured in the 1950’s. Now, Mason Hall is one of 25 residence halls across campus. The hall was named for Stephens T. Mason, the first governor of Michigan, and opened in 1938.

This “Then and Now” photo was taken by Matt Radick (class of 2013). Special thanks to the Michigan State University Archives.

6Michigan State University, BeASpartan, msu, residence hall,